Financial Aid Workshop
Wednesday, January 15, 2019
Does paying for college seem daunting? Are you confused by the FAFSA? Have you been asked to fill out a CSS profile and don’t understand why? How does income influence the cost of attendance? If you have been asking yourself those questions and more, this Financial Aid Workshop is for you!
The more information that parents and students have about the financial aid process, the better they can navigate it. We are privileged to have Deanna Davis from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill conduct a Financial Aid Workshop. Ms. Davis is with the UNC-Chapel Hill Office of Scholarship and Financial Aid and serves as the Assistant Director, Client Services and Outreach.
She will cover the following topics:
- FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, what documents are and how that information is used by Financial Aid offices.
- What is the CSS Profile? Why and how that is used in determining financial aid?
- What to do if you have a special circumstance.
- Understanding financial aid award letters
- Navigating financial aid at public and private universities.
This workshop is designed especially for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors and their parents, though it is open to all. If you have questions, please contact Laura Smith, Director of College Counseling, at email@example.com.