On August 5, Cary Christian School reopened. Outlined below are updates to our intentional and strategic pursuit of your child. Each Thursday in The Knightly News, you will be notified of any updates that have been made.
Distance Learning Details and Survey
Arts and Athletics
- Upper School Drama Protocol and Announcements
- Upper School Choral Arts Protocol and Announcement
- Upper School Band
- Upper School Athletics
- Lower School Band/Chorus/P.E.
Ready and Alert
- Protect the Vulnerable: Focus on Symptoms, Environment, and Spread
- Lower School Mask & Upper School Social Distancing Protocols – Wednesday, July 15
- First Week of School
- Lunch Update: Lunches begin on August 17, through My Hot Lunchbox.
- What’s Guiding our Decisions?
- Frequently Asked Questions
End of 2019-2020 School Year Updates
Microsoft 365 Accounts for Every Student
We are excited to announce that CCS is enabling Microsoft 365 accounts for students. This Office version is for online only and is not available to download. Lower School parents please manage and assist with your K-5 student’s use of Microsoft 365. CCS uses Microsoft’s video conferencing software, Teams, in order to live steam and record classes virtually as needed.
Look for the Knight: Arm Your Spirit, Shield Your Body
As you enter school, look for the knight. When you pass by it, say a prayer that Christ will arm your family with the Gospel and protect you with His Power. His flags will indicate if we are checking temperatures or requiring masks.
- Gold = Standard Day as outlined in our baseline “Ready and Alert” posture. Students (K-12) and adults wear masks in high traffic areas (hallways, restrooms, etc.) but will not need to wear them in the classrooms.
- Blue = Every person will get his/her temperature checked before entering the building. Students (K-12) and adults wear masks in high traffic areas (hallways, restrooms, etc.) but will not need to wear them in the classrooms.
- Red = Every person will get his/her temperature checked before entering the building. All Upper School Students and Adults wear masks at all times in the building. Lower School students may take their masks down in the classrooms.
Grandma should never miss a performance…
We understand that many of those missing out on the running and playing are not the children, but grandparents or parents with compromised immune systems. If you have a compromised immune system and want either a socially distanced seat at a performance or sporting event reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Before school begins, each event on our website or in the Knightly News will be marked with either an “LS” (live-streamed), or an “R” (recorded and uploaded within 48 hours).