Friday, September 3 – All School Spirit Day – Students and Teachers K-12 are invited to wear their approved CCS Spirit Wear. Click here for the Non-Uniform Dress Day Guidelines.
Friday, September 3 – Early Release – Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend. No hot lunch, no electives, and no after school care. Below are our early release times! Packed lunches will be eaten at school if the regular lunch time occurs before early release (no lunch for 6-12th graders).
- 9th-12th Grade: 11:45 A.M.
- 6th-8th Grade: 12:00 P.M.
- K-5th: 12:25 P.M.
Monday, September 6 – Labor Day – School Closed.
Tuesday, September 7 – Coffee Beans with the Deans – Come hear from Mr. Seitz and Mrs. Hillsgrove, ask questions, and enjoy a time of coffee & fellowship.
- When: 8:15 A.M.
- Where: CCS Music Room (2nd Floor of the Field House)
Wednesday, September 8 – 1st Quarter Midterms Posted – If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to your child’s teacher, (first initial)(last name)@carychristianschool.org.
- When: After 4:00 P.M.
- Where: Veracross Parent & Student Portals
Friday, September 10 – Last Day for GoPlaySave – BOGO galore!!! Who doesn’t want to enjoy a few free meals? With favorites like Andia’s Ice Cream, Amberly Local, Randy’s Pizza, Wake Zone Coffee and so many more, it only takes using your book a few times before it has paid for itself. It’s a great way to support CCS while you are doing what you are already doing. Or, why not try a few new places around town? Use them for take-out as well! Click here to order.
Saturday, September 11 – Movie Night – Journey with us to the Pride Land where we will enjoy the 2019 version of The Lion King. Dang Good Dogs and King of Ice Cream food trucks will be here at 6:30 for your dining pleasure. Bring your own chairs and blankets, have a seat and enjoy an evening under the stars! Hakuna Matata!
- When: 7:30 P.M. (Gates open at 6:30 P.M.)
- Where: CCS Upper Field
Tuesday, September 14 – Motor Voting for Board Members – All Corporate members are needed in carpool. Click here to read the Voting Procedures. On Monday, September 13, your attendance cards will go home with your youngest child. Check out your Veracross Parent Portal to read the Nominee Bios.
Tuesday, September 14 – Fall Corporation Meeting – All corporation members are invited to attend the September Corporation Board Meeting. Election results will be announced.
- When: 7:00 P.M.
- Where: CCS Auditorium
Click Here for Information About The Streaming of Shawn Woods’ Memorial Service – In lieu of flowers and cards, they are asking that donations be made to the college fund for Shawn’s daughters.
Click here to Register for the CCS Annual Golf Tournament – Spots are limited, so go ahead and register today to ensure that you will be able to join us on Monday, October 25. This year’s tournament has a great line up of sponsors and it is sure to be a meaningful and enjoyable day. We look forward to spending it with you! Special thanks to:
- Hiester Automotive for once again offering the hole in one prize of $25,000 towards a new Chevrolet at the Fuquay Varina dealership location.
- Thank you, NC Theater, for donating two tickets to the NC Theater 2021-2022 season.
Click Here for Our Academic Statement on Absences – See what to do when you miss school. For 6-12th grade parents, learn how to access the recordings of your children’s classes. For K-5 grade parents, check out the process.
Volunteer Opportunities Next Week!
Movie Night Needs your help! – Please contact email@example.com
- Set up (decorations) 5:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Roamers during the movie
- Clean up after the movie – 30 minutes
LOWER SCHOOL (CLICK TO EXPAND)
Grades 2-5 Monday Folders are a great way for parents to support what is happening in the classroom. We suggest making corrections to the graded and returned papers together along with your child to help them learn from their mistakes.
UPPER SCHOOL (CLICK TO EXPAND)
Thursday, September 9 – College Lunches – Lunch time college visits for Rhetoric students with University of Alabama and Wake Tech.
- When: 12:20 P.M.
- Where: Pavilion
Thursday, September 16 – AP Exam-Only Information Session for Parents of 10-12th graders – AP Exam-Only Registration takes place in September. Is your child interested in self-studying for an AP Exam? Why should they consider that? How does passing an AP Exam impact them? If they don’t pass the AP Exam, will that hurt them? Laura Smith, Director of College Counseling will be addressing these questions and opening up Q and A.
- When: 8:00 – 8:45 A.M.
- Where: CCS Music Room
College Visits – September is the month for on campus, lunch time college visits. Rhetoric students should check Naviance to RSVP and set the list of colleges. Next week, we will host Alabama and Wake Tech.
UPDATE on Jordan Driving School Class/CANCELLATION: Regretfully, due to a major teacher shortage, Jordan Driving School must cancel the Fall Break/October 11-15 driver education class at CCS. If you are interested in registering for a Jordan Driving School class at any local public high school, please see jordandriving.com for more information.
9th Grade is reading Job.
- How can God be both omnipotent and omnibenevolent when evil exists?
- What separates man from God?
10th Grade is reading Augustine’s Confessions.
- What effect did sexual desire have on Augustine’s morals? How can we understand desire for earthly things within the framework of rightly ordered loves?
- What is the worst kind of sin, according to Augustine? What is the appropriate response when we recognize our own depravity?
11th Grade is reading David Hume and Immanuel Kant.
- Does it ever make sense to believe in miracles?
- What is enlightenment?
12th Grade is considering philosophies of education.
- What is the purpose of education? What does the best kind of education look like?
- What is the perfect educational system?
ATHLETICS (CLICK TO EXPAND)
Wednesday, September 15 – Athletic Fees Due – Fees have been posted on your Veracross Parent Portal.
Team Tee Guidelines – On game days, you must wear your regular uniform and not a team tee or jersey. The following are the exceptions:
- All School Spirit Days – you may wear team tees (not sleeveless) but should not wear game uniforms. These days are announced in the Knightly News.
- Pep Rally Days (September 17) an email will go out to coaches with details.
- School or sport specific sweatshirts or quarter-zips are classroom approved every day, but a school polo shirt must be worn underneath.