Corporation and Board Member Details
Current Board Members
Rick Wharton, President ~ Cameron Perkins, Vice President
Wes Montgomery, Secretary ~ Mark Hartley, Treasurer
Mark Clarkson ~ Brian Finnegan ~ Chris Flythe
Board Meeting Dates
Monday, August 13, 2012
Monday, September 10, 2012
Monday, October 15, 2012
Monday, November 12, 2012
Monday, December 10, 2012
Monday, January 14, 2013
Monday, February 11, 2013
Monday, March 18, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Monday, May 13, 2013
Monday, June 10, 2013
Corporation board members and parents who intend to enroll a child or presently have a child in the school are required to be members of the corporation. Membership is open to all persons according to the following criteria:
- Persons 18 years of age or older, who are in agreement with the foundational principles set forth in Article III, and who contribute the current annual membership fee are eligible for membership in the corporation.
- All persons who are eligible for membership and who desire to be members of the corporation must make written application for membership. The board (or designee) shall review all applications and accept or reject the application according to the principles set forth in this article. The annual membership fee shall be included with the application.
- A sustaining membership fee shall be due at the beginning of each calendar year and will cover only the calendar year in which it is paid. Membership fees shall be used for administration and promotion of the organization and not for curriculum and other school related expenses. Failure to pay the annual fee will result in loss of membership. The annual fee will be set by the Board of Directors.
- At least one parent or guardian of each child attending Cary Christian School must be a member of the corporation.
- Members of the corporation have the privilege of voting on all matters that are presented to the membership, such as the election of board members, constitutional changes, and budgetary and financial matters. Members receive one vote in corporate matters. Members may also be nominated for election to the board and appointed by the board to serve on its committees.
- Revocation of membership shall occur by failure to pay dues or if an individual is no longer able to, or found not to, subscribe to the foundational principles outlined in Article III.
- The superintendent, principals, and staff are non-paying, non-voting members of the corporation and are not eligible to serve on the board.
The corporation shall hold two stated meetings each year, one to be held in September, the other to be held in March with the exact time, place, and agenda to be set by the board. At the September meeting, reports on the activity and progress of the school shall be presented by the superintendent, the board secretary, and the board treasurer. The annual election of board members shall take place at this meeting. At the March meeting, the board shall present a budget for the following academic year so specific financial needs and commitments may be established prior to issuing teacher contracts, recruiting new teachers, ordering supplies, etc. Special meetings may be called by a majority of the board. Special meetings may also be called by the Secretary of the Board, provided that such meetings are requested in writing by at least 35% of the then current membership. Such requests must state the subject of the meeting.
Notice of a special meeting must be given by first class mail, stating the subject of the meeting, and be sent to all members at least 7 days in advance of the meeting. No business shall be transacted at such meeting except what is stated in the notice.
A quorum, consisting of 15% of the total membership, is required at any regular or properly called special meeting. If a quorum is not present, the board shall set a new date and time for the meeting and give notice in the manner previously described. Elections shall be held by secret ballot. Provisions of the latest revision of Robert's Rules of Order shall apply except where otherwise required by these by-laws.
Board members must meet the prequisites described in the following linked document.
Corporation members interested in running for a board position should contact Rick Wharton. Rick may be contacted via phone at 919-653-1717.
Members interested in nominating another corporation member must first obtain permission from the intended nominee.
* This document is a computer file in Adobe's Portable Document Format. Adobe's PDF viewer, called the "Adobe Reader," is available for free download from www.adobe.com.