We are thankful for you interest in Cary Christian School. Please follow these application steps. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our admissions department.
Step One: Read our Applicant Requirements (Click Here)
Cary Christian School (CCS) is, in essence, an expression of the commitment of a body of Christian parents to provide the best possible training and instruction for their children. Our mission is to instill in each student a love for truth, wisdom, discernment, and learning through the use of excellent materials, in an orderly setting, founded on a growing personal knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The mission of CCS is to provide students with instruction based upon a decidedly biblical world and life view and structured to support the moral, social, physical, and spiritual development occurring in the Christian home. Academic instruction will be rigorous – designed to develop the skills for a lifetime of continued learning and presented in an orderly atmosphere. All instruction will be designed to equip all students spiritually, mentally, and physical for every good work to which the Lord calls them. (Eph. 2:10; Rom. 12:2)
- As a discipleship Christian school, we require that at least one parent or guardian of each applicant give a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and be a regular attendee or member of a Christian church. Click here to read our Statement of Faith.
- CCS seeks to partner with like-minded parents who desire a Christian education for all their school-age children. Therefore, all school-age children must be enrolled at CCS, another Christian school, or be homeschooled. Exceptions may be made for students with different learning styles that we are unable to serve. If you would like more information, please call the school office for clarification before you apply at (919) 303-2560.
- CCS seeks to partner with families who believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male and female. We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. Click here to read our Statements on Christian Values.
- Kindergarten students must be five years of age by September 15.
- Students entering first grade must have reached the age of six years by September 15.
- Administration will either advance or retain students at its discretion, based on the CCS entrance tests.
- Students should understand that their parents have delegated their authority to the school and are therefore subject to the instruction and discipline of the teachers and deans in their prescribed roles at CCS.
- Families will support our rigorous Christian and classical education. Click here to read more about Classical Christian Education and our Educational Philosophy.
Students seeking admission are evaluated on the basis of their report cards, references, admission questionnaires, interviews, and potential to perform satisfactorily at Cary Christian School. We are not equipped with the resources required to serve children who are seeking to be admitted into special educational programs. Students who seek admission directly following suspension, expulsion, or behavior problems from another school will not be accepted until they prove themselves elsewhere. Students with less than a “C” average in their primary academic subjects may have difficulty in attaining a satisfactory level of academic achievement. The first quarter is considered a trial period for all new students.
Cary Christian School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Step Two: Submit Application (Click Here)
Applications for the current school year are accepted on an ongoing basis. For the following school year, new applications are accepted now. Enrollment is open first to returning students and their siblings, then to the public.
In order to apply, you need to provide:
- The completed Online Application
- The application fee of $225. For families applying for multiple children for the same school year, the following application fees will apply (all fees are non-refundable). (1st child – $225, 2nd child – $170, 3rd child – $125, 4th and each additional child – $75)
- Copies of standardized test scores and report cards from the past two years
- Teacher Recommendation Form(s) (returned by teacher)
- Pastor’s Reference Form (returned by pastor)
- Birth certificate (all students)
- Copy of Current Immunization Record (details follow)
- Signed Parental Contract (back page of Application for Admission)
Step Three: Schedule Student Screenings & Family Interview (Click Here)
Once the application is complete and we have received all the necessary documentation, our Admissions department will reach out to you to schedule the:
- Student screening/testing (scheduled with school office)
- Parent/student interview (scheduled with school office)
The Admissions Committee will determine final acceptance and grade level placement of students. Parents will be notified in writing of the decision regarding acceptance. If accepted, parents receive an Acceptance Letter and a CCS Corporate Membership Application form.
Director of Admissions
(919) 303-2560, ext. 215