Average Number of Students
780 (3 classes per grade level)
Average Student/Teacher Ratio
Modified traditional calendar with two week breaks at the end of quarters.
- First Day of School – August 7, 2019
- Last Day of School – May 21/22, 2020
- Fall Break – October 7 – 18, 2019
- Christmas Break – December 20, 2019 – January 3, 2020
- Spring Break – March 9 – 20, 2020
- Kindergarten Half Day – 8:15AM – 12:30PM
- Kindergarten Extended Day – 8:15AM – 2:30PM
- Grades 1-5 – 8:15AM – 2:30PM
- Grades 6-8 – 8:00AM – 2:30PM
- Grades 9-12 – 8:00AM – 3:30PM
Middle School: 45 minute class periods, 6 core classes + 2 electives
High School: 55 minute class periods, 6 core classes + 2 electives
Unique Educational Value
- Honors Algebra I included in Grade 8 curriculum
- Junior/Senior thesis projects and presentations
- Rhetoric I and II classes
- Apologetics and Systematic Theology courses
- Active service clubs and organizations that serve both our student body and our local community.
Lower School – Enrichment classes are part of the core curriculum. They include weekly classes in PE, music, and art.
Upper School – Classes include two weekly electives offerings. Selections include Art, Drama, Band, Chorus, Chess, Computer Programming, 3-D Modeling, Intro to Engineering, Physical Education, History of Film, Music Appreciation, Photography, Strength Training, and Yearbook.
The Class of 2019 was offered more than $6.15 million in scholarships. We are proud to have graduates currently attending three United States Military Service Academies. Our average SAT score is 1248, which is 150 points higher than the average for North Carolina public schools. Our average ACT score is 27, which is eight points higher than the average for North Carolina public schools.
Over the years, notable awards our graduates have won include the Morehead-Cain Scholarship (UNC-Chapel Hill) and the Park Scholarship (NC State University). Our students are often recognized by the National Merit Scholarship program as National Merit Finalists or as Commended students.
We are a 3A member of NCISAA and EPIC.
We offer outstanding athletics, with forty sports teams offering multiple levels of play for Upper School students.
Our award-winning Arts program offers drama, choral music, band, and visual arts. Special travel and performance opportunities are available for Chamber Choir members.
We offer overseas travel opportunities to the Upper School. Students have traveled to Italy, England, Scotland, France, and Greece. Upcoming travel plans include a trip to England and France in the summer of 2020.
After School Care
Cary Christian School provides after school care for students in grades K-8 to help students and parents manage their busy schedules.