WHY PURSUE MORE?
We are calling for a readiness to execute driven by strong core convictions and love for others.
A Higher Standard
While the core curriculum of a classical school focuses on developing the habits of the mind in a way that develops the habits of the soul, we should not assume that students will automatically learn to apply these habits to the economy, government, leadership, the arts, and technology. We must accept the responsibility to fan the flame of truth into a readiness to act.
A New Expectation
Having taught students to recognize, understand, and love what is good, true, and beautiful, we will prepare them to convert their knowledge into action. As we encourage them to grow in virtue, expand their knowledge, and develop their curiosity, we will equip them with the tools they need to engage and shape the culture for Christ.
A New Graduate
We will prepare students to learn any task or to serve at any post. They will have the tools and the wisdom to fulfill God’s calling in their life.
In sum, we seek to answer a call to equip graduates with the strength and freedom to run the race, and to do so with grit and wisdom, ready to engage the culture with strong core convictions and a self-sacrificial love.
DEVELOPING A SOCIETY OF TEACHERS AT CCS
A $200,000 investment in our teachers. Our goal is to hire four new Upper School teachers to create margin for teacher development.
Our Upper School teachers currently prepare for two different classes and teach three sections of each class. That is six teaching hours per day and approximately four hours of preparation.
- Adding four new teachers allows us to reduce the teaching load and to provide a daily planning period for teachers.
- Established schools do not require Upper School teachers to teach six sections because a smaller teaching load improves teacher energy and focus.
- At the heart of our strategic plan, Called to Cultivate, is the creation of a teacher development program called The Society of Teachers.
The Society of Teachers is a teacher development program that encourages growth in three areas:
- We will adopt the mindset and the habits of a learning community.
- We will develop the relational capacity and the mastery teaching requires.
- We will teach with a focused passion to offer each student an extraordinary outcome.
Without a planning period for our Upper School teachers, teacher development cannot increase, and the plan fails.
A Society of Teachers: Summary Chart (PDF)
A Society of Teachers: Teacher Development Program (PDF)
Together we pursue a five-year vision for a thriving Cary Christian School