Friday, August 27 – Lost and Found – All items from the Lost and found bins will be outside. Any items remaining at 3:00 P.M. will be discarded. Please remind your students to check the bins regularly for any missing items.
- When: 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- Where: K-2 Playground
Friday, September 3 – All School Spirit Day – Students and Teachers K-12 are invited to wear their approved CCS Spirit Wear. Click here for the Non-Uniform Dress Day Guidelines.
Friday, September 3 – Early Release – Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend. No hot lunch and no after school care. Below are our early release times!
- 9th-12th Grade: 11:45 A.M.
- 6th-8th Grade: 12:00 P.M.
- K-5th: 12:25 P.M.
Monday, September 6 – Labor Day – School Closed.
Tuesday, September 7 – Coffee Beans with the Deans – Come hear from Mr. Seitz and Mrs. Hillsgrove, ask questions, and enjoy a time of coffee & fellowship.
- When: 8:15 A.M.
- Where: CCS Band Room (2nd Floor of the Field House)
Wednesday, September 8 – 1st Quarter Midterms Posted – If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to your child’s teacher, (first initial)(last name)@carychristianschool.org.
- When: After 4:00 P.M.
- Where: Veracross Parent & Student Portals
2022-2023 Applications Open for Prospective Students – God has been so kind to CCS with bringing us 839 wonderful students; record enrollment for our school’s history. You may think it’s too early to think about applying for next August, but we encourage you to apply now! There are two ways to access the application; go to your Parent Portal on Veracross and there is a tab on the left “Apply to CCS” or go to the CCS website where you will see the “Apply Now” button on the home page.
- As we look at this current school year, eight of our grades have waiting pools. Many of the students placed in waiting pools for this year, will want to be placed in the pool for next year.
- We anticipate another year with many more applicants than we have seats for children.
- Our current Kindergarten class is in a waiting pool for this year. With each year, approximately 50% of our rising Kindergarteners come from current CCS families. We would hate to see a current CCS family placed in the waiting pool because they didn’t get their application in early. So please, get those applications in now.
Why do you need to hear this? As you think about or talk with friends or family members about when you or they should apply for admission, we ask that you encourage all to apply early.
TAKE A LOOK & START USING THE NEW ATTENDANCE FEATURE on Veracross Parent Portal – Check out the NEW quick and easy blue tab on your Veracross Parent Portal main page, labeled Submit Student Absence. Use this not only for absences, but also for late arrivals, early departures, and dismissals.
Magnus Updates – For students who are not in Kindergarten, 7th grade, or 12th grade, there are no required immunizations needed at this time. Therefore, if your child’s record is current and was turned into the school in previous years, or you have turned in a Religious Exemption, then you may disregard any automatic email reminders for vaccination records in Magnus. The Health Office and Athletic Department are working diligently to update prior immunization records and physical information in Magnus, however it is proving to be a lengthy process and will take time for us to complete.
- If your child is in the grades listed above and has received the required vaccines for the elected years, please send in or upload your child’s most current vaccination record.
- If your student has an annual physical scheduled, or pending appointment, there is no need to reach out. Parents may enter the information when available.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation as we learn this new system together. Thank you for your support.
Lunch – If your child is absent and has ordered a lunch, lunches must be canceled with MHLB 24 hours in advance. If a lunch was not canceled, and you would like for it to be sent to a sibling or you would like to pick it up, please send an email to email@example.com by 10:00 A.M. If we have not heard from you, the lunch will be donated to a teacher or student without a lunch that day rather than being thrown away.
LOWER SCHOOL (CLICK TO EXPAND)
Water Bottles – Students should bring a labeled water bottle to school every day. Water fountains are on for refilling water bottles.
UPPER SCHOOL (CLICK TO EXPAND)
Thursday, August 26 – URGENT deadline for all Sophomores and Juniors to register for the PSAT/NMSQT is TONIGHT! CCS will administer these tests in the Gym on Wednesday, October 13 (over Fall Break). Click here to register for the PSAT/NMSQT and for more information.
Friday, August 27 – Convocation
Monday, August 30 – Sophomores and Juniors are you planning on playing a sport in college? If you did not attend the meeting with Mrs. Smith and Mr. Poore last year, come hear from them during lunch.
- When: 12:20 P.M.
- Where: Pavilion
Wednesday, September 1 – High Point University – Lunch time college visit for Rhetoric students.
- When: 12:20 P.M.
- Where: Pavilion
- How can we communicate ideas intelligently? What is the difference between dialogue and debate?
- What are the essential characteristics of the tradition of Western thought?
- Why should we communicate with the minds of the past?
- Why is pursuing truth important? How can we pursue truth as we participate in the Great Conversation?
- Why do we read Augustine’s Confessions? What, according to Augustine, are the key problems of human existence?
- What is a godly “program for right living”? What kind of education will set us up well for that? (Reading fromConfessions)
- What errors get in the way of our quest for truth, and how can we overcome them?
- What can we be certain of? Can reason provide us with absolute certainty? (Rene Descartes)
- Where do ideas come from? (John Locke)
- What kind of education is necessary for self-government?
- How can students be educated in such a way that will teach them to think properly? (The Lost Tools of Learning)
- What does it mean to be “men without chests”? (The Abolition of Man)
- In what ways are we blind to truth? What holds us back from seeking truth? (The Allegory of the Cave)
ATHLETICS (CLICK TO EXPAND)
Wednesday, September 15 – Athletic Fees Due – Fees have been posted on your Veracross Parent Portal.
Sports Specific Spirit Wear – For a limited time (now through Sunday, August 29 at 11:59pm) we have teamed with The Graphic Edge to provide families an opportunity to purchase screen-printed, sport-specific gear! Outerwear items (sweatshirts and quarter zips) are approved for daily classroom wear; t-shirts are only approved for Spirit Days. Students may not wear tank tops during school (daily wear or Spirit Days). Check out the stores here…